Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I consider being a full time online student?
Most students who choose to be a full time virtual student are not satisfied with their educational experience in a traditional school setting. Some students want to take advanced course that may not be available at their existing schools, some have learning difficulties and need more time and support to learn new concepts, and some students need the flexibility of going to school when it fits their schedule.
Here are a few stories of students who find the online classroom to be the best choice for them
What does it take to be successful in an online school environment?
In order to be successful taking courses online, the student must first understand that there is work involved. iVirtual League Academy seeks to provide academic rigor and integrity to ensure that every student is working to his/her potential. Some characteristics of students who do well in an online environment include:
- Ability to manage time
- Desire to learn
- Responsibility for learning new concepts and knowing when to ask for help
- Work well independently
What does a typical day for a full time online student look like?
- For students grades 6th-12th, students will log into their “homeroom” each day, Monday-Friday.
- Students will access the learning management system for each class that directs them what assignments to complete and when to move forward in class.
- Students are given organizational strategies and calendars to help them stay on track.
- Students will work with their SLA to determine what classes to work on during what days and a plan that works best for them.
- Students spend between 4-6 hours a day completing necessary work, about 70% of the time is interacting with the online instruction and practice, and the other 30% is completing outside assignments and studying.
- Students do follow the school district schedule and get the same vacations, days off, but with more flexibility of being able to travel, end early, or take extended family time as long as a plan is created with their SLA.
- For students grades K-5, parents can plan to interact with students for about 3-5 hours per day supporting their child’s education by following the plans created by the teacher and curriculum materials. Another 1-2 hours per day the child will be interacting with the state of the art technology provided.
- As your students progressed and becomes more independent, the teacher alters plans and parents will begin to spend less time directly interacting and the child will be given more independent access and structure.
- Our K-5 students will also have the option to attend the SLC 1-2 times per week for creative and interactive activities with their certified teacher and SLA that will count toward their physical education record and structured time with classmates.
iVirtual League Academy | 5125 Robert McLane Blvd. , Kissimmee, Florida 34758 Phone: 407-520-5002 or 407-569-0639 ext. 1132